- Next Steps if you are still interested:
Download the documents listed under the “Umpire Requirements” tab on the home page. These documents must be uploaded using the “Umpire Document Upload” tab on the home page.
- Complete the Umpire Return Form under the “Umpire Forms” tab on the home page to provide the UIC with your experience, availability and preferred sports and level of play.
- Sign up for the scheduling program that we use, www.arbitersports.com. Once you have uploaded the required documents the UIC will send you a welcoming e-mail from the website and within the e-mail will be instructions on how to complete your registration and mark yourself as “ready” to receive your schedule.
- Please note that your social security number does not need to be inputted on the web site.
- Only your address and phone number(s) are needed.
- Obtain your equipment (if needed)
- At a minimum you will need;
- An umpiring shirt (navy blue is standard for baseball and light blue is standard for softball)
- Pants (charcoal or heather grey is standard – jeans and sweat pants are not acceptable – Dockers are ok but sometimes they are hard to get the shin guards underneath them)
- Chest protector
- Shin guards (not always needed for the younger age groups)
- Ball bag
- Plate brush
- An all-black pair of shoes/cleats (metal cleats are not allowed).
- These items can be obtained at the following locations;
If you have any questions please feel free to send any questions using the Contact Us section of the website.